Re: DST change and home auto...

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 00:12:01 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<dfGdnVRXSes1H43bnZ2dnUVZ_rylnZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

> The dumb Ratshack clock turned out to be the device that
>required the least tweaking.  That might be the ultimate lesson from
>all this.  There's something to be said for simple!

None of our clocks or watches or other time pieces required any
'tweaking' at all.

The clocks in the cars, ovens, and wristwatches and alarm clocks need
to be set manually anyway.

So just like every other year for the past 1/2 century or so, on the
Sunday 'they' told us to do it, we jist dun it -- no fuss, no muss.

All the computers including the HA server synchronized automagically
over our home's local network thanks to MS W32Time service.

The only additional work was this post in comp.home.automation.

If there was a 'take-home' for me, it would be to reinforce the
judgment that in these matters,  either very dumb or very smart is
better than sorta smart. As in the rest of life, it's often the stuff
in between what's fixin to stir up the trouble.

"You got trouble Folks! Right here in [comp.home.automation]. Trouble
with a Capital T ... that stands for {Time] ;-)

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org