Re: Question of the day

"ABLE_1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5-SdnXBhHb2VEoHYnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello All,
>
> If you should be so happy to have a house that has more than one
electrical
> panel.  (ie sub-panels)  Can you get away with one signal bridge at the
main
> panel or is it wise to have one on each panel???
>
> Also should you have two 200 amp panels (400amp service) as mains is it
> suggested to have a signal bridge in each or will one do the job???

It depends on how loads are distributed.

We have two panels, but one panel just carries major loads like the A/C
compressors, stove, & dryer.  Most branch circuits come into the other
panel, and one signal bridge would normally be installed there.  However, we
don't even need one because all X10 circuits are wired into the same phase.

Even if your X10 loads are distributed across both panels, you may still be
able to get away with one signal bridge if the run between the two panels is
not too long.  If your two panels are at opposite ends of a large house, and
equally share X10 loads, then you probably should install bridges at each
one.

Jeff