Re: roZetta Status

Hi Dave,

Just spent 30 minutes composing an email to you and it appears I still
don't have your email address correct.  Please drop an email to
jmjones@xxxxxxxxx so I can contact you.

This is the major part of the email:

----------------------

I have a Homevision sitting on a table connected to a laptop just for
tinkering - so I should be able to give RoZetta a run for it's money.
I also have my Elk M1G up and running, but missing a lot of zones and
some other items to be added in the future.  The Elk can have up to 8
serial ports and can respond to/send ascii strings.  I think this
system will become very popular and I'm very interested in what RoZetta
can do with it.

If you have an extra ZX-40 and or EM202 available and would install
them for me I will send you payment now - just tell me how much, and
give me your address again.  I haven't read up on the RoZetta enough
yet to be really familiar, but if the EM202 is only necessary for
network connection - I would pass on that at least for now.  I saw in
one of your posts that the ZX-40 is around $30 now - that's pretty
reasonable.  I ran some cat5 around the house for network, but have
installed a Linksys wireless router just this afternoon and hope to get
it working with my laptop.

The Homevision (that I have) does NOT have IR input other than the
receiver on the front of the unit.  The newer HV Pro does have an
external IR input jack - see link below:

http://www.csi3.com/HV_Pro.HTM

I have purchased the XTB-II from Jeff, but have not yet implemented it.
I had my old ACT CR235 (IIRC) active coupler repeater and just obtained
an ACT passive filter to use when I try the XTB-II.

I also have some GE/Caddx wireless transmitters sitting around
somewhere if you would like I can ship one off to you for
experimentation.

You're right - LCD+

The ezLCD-002 looks very interesting - and quite affordable.

I had a blue serial LCD I bought from Mr. Anderson which was connected
to a serial port on my Homevision expansion module and which displayed
information about daily high/low temps, furnace cycles and accumulated
run time, etc.  And, I was using HomevisionXL from a great fellow in
the Netherlands which made Homevision a much better HA product.  Of
course all this stuff is all over the place now and I don't know how
quickly I'm going to get it all back together.

Glad to hear my work with you on the BX24-AHT was helpful - I often
felt I was more of a pain than a help (LOL)

John

--
JMJones