Problems with Togglelinc

So, I had a togglelinc dimmer, with Boosterlinc in a 2 way circuit for a
couple of months, no issuse.  One day, light goes to 100% (normally aroun
30% preset), and won't turn off.  Had to open up the set button to get the
light off, and if I pushed it back in, it just stayed on.

Replaced the switch.

New switch acts like it's turning on an off, as indicated by the LED status,
but no load control.  Voltmeter doesn't show anything on the load side of
the switch, on or off.

Replace the replacement.

Be a good boy, open up the air gap, etc.  Power up the circuit, turn on the
switch, and POP!  short, dead togglelinc.

Anyone got any ideas?  Do I just have a bad case of the stupid, or could
something else be going on?  Could it be in the companion?  Looked for
voltage coming across the traveller, but didn't see it.  I don't want to fry
another switch.

Thanx.

Mike Gorman