X-10 alternatives for 220V equipment?

I've been using Leviton 220V X-10 receptacles to control swimming pool
equipment and their lifespan is disappointing - they don't seem to
last even two seasons.  I realize that there are various hardwired
alternatives that are more weatherproof, but I want to keep using X-10
for flexibility with my HomeSeer setup.

Has anyone been in my situation and found a better alternative?  For
example, if I used the X-10 HD245 modules and brought them inside for
the winter, would I have better luck?  Thanks.