LED Security camera heat question

Hi,
I've got some wireless CMOS 30-LED security camera's wired in my home,
and have noticed they run very hot.  After running only a minute or so,
you cannot put your hand on it for more than 20 seconds.

I'm reading conflicting information about these cameras, that heat
generation is in fact normal, but this seems hard to believe.  For a
camera that claims to consume 600mA's of power, it seems quite hot
whether running in the day or night.

Anyone have any expeirence with these things?  I'd like to confirm
whether this is in fact the normal behaviour for these things.

Thanks,  fsm2k2@yahoo dot com