Re: X10 AGC and Insteon

There isn't really much time between the 3rd burst and the Insteon window,
but I did consider the other slots.  X10 shows the 3 phase transmissions
being precisely timed.  I wonder how closely X10 transmitters actually match
those numbers.  The important thing is to hit their 650 uS reception window
on the other phases.  I would allow tolerance on both sides, reducing the
possible sample window.  It also gets the sample up near the peak where most
of my line glitches occur.

I coded this up last night using the first mS of the Insteon window (just
before the zero crossing).  It worked very well.  It turns out I have an
excellent source of continuous noise from the 4 ceiling CFs in my workshop.
These are not on an X10 circuit, and are unfiltered.  After amplification,
they generated a couple hundred mV of high frequency noise, and my weakest
X10 test signal was not much stronger.  The AGC knocked out the noise but
allowed the X10 signal through.

Unlike my earlier version, this works independently on each half cycle.  So
in the presence of an Insteon signal, the sensitivity will return to normal
as soon as the Insteon transmission ends.  This looks like a workable
solution.

Jeff

> How about using the time after the third 120kHz burst and before the
Insteon