Re: Whole house generators (slightly OT)

Diesel sounds good but I'm told I may encounter permitting and delivery
problems. The benefit of NG/LP is that as long as the NG line is
operating I have an unlimited supply of gas. The LP would be a backup
only.  Most of the outages here are not the result of an islandwide
disaster such as hurricane or earthquake but more likely a downed
transmission line, a "brownout" or a car taking out a pole so NG
delivery is unaffected.