Re: HA Issue

I doubt that it's harmonics. More likely its just low-level spikey noise
since it affects the *Lincs but not the less sensitive LM14A. The LM14A does
have less bandwidth than other X-10 devices. Off the top of my head I think
the LM14A went to ~175kHz while other lamp modules responded to >200kHz. I
don't recall whether I tested any of the LampLincs for bandwidth.

The XTB could exacerbate the problem for the *Lincs if it amplifies low
level noise to the point where the *Lincs can detect it. Jeff had some noise
issues but I don't recall the details. It would be better to let him address
this point.

IIRC the LampLincs have 10mV sensitivity vs. 50-100mV sensitivity for most
other makes of X10 receivers.

If you look at the 1132B schematic, there's not much there. They use the
same I/O transformer as X-10. The link below has links to all of John
Galvin's schematics.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/browse_frm/thread/de6c29de3c6b3420/b5c6b361a0f7b9fe?lnk=st&q=&rnum=3&hl=en#b5c6b361a0f7b9fe

Without values for the caps and resistors it's hard to determine whether the
1132B counts transitions (I think so) or whether it has a low-pass filter
and the PIC just sees the data envelope. I'm fairly sure it counts
transitions but you can put your scope on it to be sure.

http://www.davehouston.net