Re: family values

If Bass departs this NG, or worse the planet, I will be saddened. Although
I can tell you I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer in many cases, it
didn't take me long reading in this NG to see his political flavor. He
doesn't hide it and he is consistent. He runs a business where I am certain
potential customers see his Ahab and the white whale fixation and those on
the other end of the political spectrum probably take their business
elsewhere. So, in other words, exposing his political views the way he does
costs him in the wallet. Whether that is bravery or stupidity is a call
everyone can make for him or her self. I am not saying he has gone through
that calculus in his own head, but the arithmetic is simple enough for even
him to grasp. Lately in this political season the Republicans have given him
all the ammo he needs to shoot off his mouth. And that is his right to shoot
it off. No one is forced to read his posts. To his credit he is not
meretricious in his attacks, they are simply cut and paste jobs, even though
the subject matter of Mark Foley especially could easily let him go that
direction should he chose to. Foley is, or rather was, a political figue
that apparently screwed up big time, and Bass is never going to let that go.
(Well maybe he'll let that go if or when he sees Foley as a person again,
not just a political figure). Similarly if some other Republican screws up
Bass will be on it. Therefore Bass is a resource. Think how much time he
spends scouring the Internet trying to find something else to post to annoy
everyone with. Think of how frustrating that must be for him looking for
some story like that because he knows he lacks the ability to put anything
like that together himself. Frankly if I were in his shoes I couldn't do it
because I haven't got that kind of time. I am the perfect technician, being
both fat and lazy. That is the way Bass fits me because I know as long as he
is around no story that is even slightly negative for the Republicans will
go unposted by him. So if I happen to listen to Rush one day and don't
manage to get to NPR for the other side of the story I can come here. Sure
his posts are mosly hatchet jobs of one sort or another or just ad hominem
attacks, but I always know where to easily (the lazy part of me) find that
information and perhaps be one of the first to know a story (without losing
a single fat wrinkle in the effort to find it). Bass is not an intellectual
powerhouse (although he may like to pretend to himself to be one in his
posts) so there is really nothing to engage your brain with, and he probably
makes his own side cringe more than a little when they happen to notice his
antics, and therefore lacks their support. So for the most part those
conditions make him harmless and easy to ignore. So if you ask me I say let
him be and just enjoy the show! The only thing he really hurts is his own
bank account. I don't know about you, but some of the one liners that come
as responses to his posts make me almost wet my pants I laugh so hard. So
even if you think Bass will take us all to hell, in the words of the band
AC/DC I say "Don't Stop Me!" or him either.