Re: the ElkM1 "RP access code": a sham?

Since you are knowledgeable on the subject, I?ll ask you a related
question on the ?local programming code?:
During my testing I noticed a strange behavior:
I can (apparently) change the ?local programming code? remotely with
the RP tool.
However, it doesn?t ?stick?; when I go to the local keyboard, it does
not recognize the code just entered via the RP tool; and it doesn?t?
recognize the old (factory default) code either. But if I go again
?remote? with the RP tool and change it back to the factory default,
then the local keypad recognizes again the old default code. Very
strange  ... What?s going on?

TIA. Leo