Re: Stanley Garge Door Status Indicator

Powerflash is a simple on/off only.  You can get open/closed type status
only.

For a good reed switch for this purpose, check out:

AMSECO 505-371G (Mouser 507-AMS-37) Magnetic Reed Switch

It's a wide gap reed (2") and only about $5

Also, if you don't mind running a few wire into the house, you make want
to check out http://homeauto.usandthem.com/gdoor/

Not only status, but will close the door if left open longer than a user
defined time.