Re: X10 replacement?

Hello Rick,

> HA is understood by the public.

Understood? None of the guys I talked to about HA had a clue how it
worked or what it could really do in detail. None of them knew any
brands, where to get it or who would install it. Sorry, but I do not
consider that "understood".

> Everyone has heard the term "Smart House," there are movies and lots of
> TV shows have push-button moment in the big boss's office or home.
>
> The impression is that it is $$$ to the max, too technical to
> understand (that's the WOW factor) and possibly a trap.

Wasn't there this home that one of the TV "Mr.Builder" guys built where
the new owner had to tear all the HA stuff out? Don't remember the exact
story but it was in the papers years ago. AFAIR they had to tear down
most of the drywall because there were no individual cable runs to the
lights etc. IOW not enough cabling resources for a "normal" wiring.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com