Re: X10 replacement?

I've recommended and installed a couple dozen X10 systems, 10-20 years
ago.
(My expertise is lighting and controls are an important part.)

Lots of times they just worked. Everyone was happy!
But, before even recommending it to the owner I had to look carefully
at the job and try to predict the problems. That level of insecurity
from a pro just does't sit well. I'm not interested in taking the risk,
and don't even consider X10 for clients.

Have you ever had a call at midnight because a clients house was
flashing on/off like an ammusment ride? I have and that was with a big
name ($) HA system.

What all homeowners and business people want is assurance that it will
work. Fixing it later is still counted as a loss!

RickR