Re: X10 replacement?

news:45223f01.1195695265@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "When someone is home, a gun is used for protection in fewer than two
> percent of home invasion crimes."
> Kellermann AL., Journal of the American Medical Association, 1995.

Kellerman's JAMA articles are scarcely an unbiased source.  He is rabidly
anti gun, who IIRC has been discredited.

The reality is that there can never be a good number of how successful guns
in the home or carried are since there is no way to collect stats on when
display is sufficient to scare off a perp.  The anti gun bigots will say it
never happens, the gun nuts say it happens all the time (yes I dissed both
sides).  The reality is somewhere in between.  An example would be an
incident I witnessed where the sound of a shotgun action being cycled caused
3 potential perps to depart.  It never was reported...