Re: Strange: X-10 outlets & LED Holiday Lights

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:11:39 +0000 (UTC), Eric <ericw2000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I have two Leviton 6227W outlets outside my house which have been used for
>years to operate our holiday lights. Yesterday I put up new lights, those
>LED holiday lights instead of our usual C7 lights. Everything works fine so
>far.
>
>When I came home, the outlets have switched off from the timer, and the LED
>lights continue to glow faintly, maybe 10% of their full brightness. When I
>unplug the lights, they go out completely. When I plug them back in the
>relay trips and the come on full, as they're supposed to.
>
>Is still low voltage present to operate the relay, or did I wire these
>incorrectly?

I have converted most of my outside christmas lighting to LED and have
not seen this.
I DO still have a few strings of regular lights. That's probably
allowing the leakage current through so it doesn't keep my LED lights
on dim. Try plugging in one string of regular lights and see if this
solves your problem.