Re: CM15A & receiving dim

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:25:25 -0600, Neil Cherry wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 05:34:59 GMT, Charles Sullivan wrote:
>
>> This should be interpreted as follows:
>>   5A   Incoming data
>>   05   Bytes that follow
>>   08   Function bitmap 00001000 => 4th byte following (i.e., 67)
>>        is a function byte.
>
> I'm not sure this holds up, an address has a bit map of 00 (binary), a
> function has a bit map of 01, a dim/bright a bitmap of 11 and then
> this odd command:
>
> 5A 07 15 F2 FE F2 FE F2 FE
>
> We haven't figured out what this is yet. They're bit maped but they
> don't indicate where the function byte is. That generally seems to be
> the last byte though I doubt that's true in this command.

If interpreted as I suggested, the F2 would be functions (J On) and
the FE would be addresses (J 2).  This makes sense if the bytes
are reported in reverse order (from the CM11A order) as the Extended Code
commands are.  But I think you indicated on another occasion that you
weren't using housecode J, so who knows.  (The CM15A has enough bugs that
it wouldn't surprise me if that byte sequence turned out to be just
garbage generated by RF pickup.)

What does the CM15A report if you send it several PLC commands in a
row with the minimum gap between them, e.g., (A 1), (A On), (A 2),
(A Off)?  Do you get multiple reports (each beginning with 5A) or a
single report?

Regards,
Charles Sullivan