Re: CM15A & receiving dim

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> One thing that might be worth checking is whether the 11, 22, 33, 44 seen
>> when you convert your first 4 DIM levels to decimal holds for higher DIM
>> levels.
>
>Easy enough to check, I can run a script adding dims to the end of the
>command issued. Here's the script:
>
>(T="n1" ; for i in $(seq 1 23); do T="${T}nm"; echo $T; sudo perl ti103.pl $T; sleep 5; done; )
>
>Basically it says run the script 23 time and send the string to the
>TI103. Each time the script loops it add an 'nm' (N Dim) to the end of
>the string. This will send from 1 to 23 dims. The output shows up in a
>Mr. House log. After I've cleaned it up and removed the redundant
>information (each dim burst is preceded by an N1 (5a020086)). It
>looks like this:
>
>)  1 dims = 0b (11)
>(5a03020b84)  2 dims = 0b (11)
>(5a03021684)  3 dims = 16 (22)
>(5a03022184)  4 dims = 21 (33)
>(5a03022c84)  5 dims = 2c (44)
>(5a03023784)  6 dims = 37 (55)
>(5a03024284)  7 dims = 42 (66)
>(5a03024d84)  8 dims = 4d (77)
>(5a03025884)  9 dims = 58 (88)
>(5a03026384) 10 dims = 63 (99)
>(5a03026e84) 11 dims = 6e (110)
>(5a03027984) 12 dims = 79 (121)
>(5a03028484) 13 dims = 84 (132)
>(5a03028f84) 14 dims = 8f (143)
>(5a03029a84) 15 dims = 9a (154)
>(5a0302a584) 16 dims = a5 (165)
>(5a0302b084) 17 dims = b0 (176)
>(5a0302bb84) 18 dims = bb (187)
>(5a0302c684) 19 dims = c6 (198)
>(5a0302d184) 20 dims = d1 (209)
>(5a0302d284) 21 dims = d2 (210)
>(5a0302d284) 22 dims = d2 (210)
>(5a0302d284) 23 dims = d2 (210)
>
>BTW, I did the 20 dims twice and that's the odd number (0xD1 / 209) I
>came up with both times.

Neat!

The numbers you get equal (DIMs-1)*11 through 209. So the CM15A is reporting
the actual number of contiguous DIMs, making it much easier to calculate the
actual level (using the figures I developed empirically). The small
difference between 209 and MAX (210) is approximately what you see with
actual measurements. (You can't discern it with the naked eye.)

However, since the LM14A and LM465 respond differently while Smarthome uses
32 levels tends to negate the benefit of knowing the actual number of
contiguous DIMs.

http://davehouston.net