Re: Controlling Holiday Lights

I assumed he was talking about some device other than a triac that could be
switched
at a much higher frequency on and off during any point in the ctcle.   I
imagine this
 would work to give you some lesser power out.  All you would be doing is
chopping
the AC into really small chunks and they would average over the entire
wave(s).
 I think the problem would be noise and heat.