Re: Compact Fluorescent Noise

news:454a24eb.341691765@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Depending on how your house is wired, you might be able to isolate the
CFLs
> on their own circuits with minimal filters. If I understand what he's
> saying, that's what Jeff Volp has done. It does mean you cannot automate
the
> CFLs using PLC methods but can use PLC on all the other circuits.

We use CFs in almost all our ceiling cans.  Each switch controls a string of
up to 5 of them.  One small Leviton 6287 noise block is installed between
the X10 switch and the lighting string to isolate all CFs on that circuit.
It fit behind the X10 switches in each of those electrical boxes.  The 5 amp
rating means those circuits will also handle normal incandescent lights.
The Ocelot has access to all of these lights.

We do have one circuit isolated by the large 20A XPF filter.  That circuit
is on the non X10 phase, and feeds most electronic devices, computers, etc.
It was intended as an emergency power circuit, but also serves to isolate
all potential signal suckers from other household circuits.  We also have a
couple of "private" X10 devices on that circuit that are locally controlled.

Jeff