Re: Compact Fluorescent Noise

Hi Dave,

(answering both posts)

Yes, a digital scope would be nice, but this is my old friend Tektronix 7603
that I used for 30 years.  I bought it when I left the lab.  They were
probably happy they didn't have to calibrate it anymore.

The XTB-II bandpass filter is not high-Q to prevent too much ringing, but it
does attenuate out-of-band signals.  What I think is happening is that the
high-frequency chopper in the CF bulb varies its frequency over each half
cycle, and it enters the X10/Insteon passband as the voltage approaches
zero.  Higher frequency noise in the middle of each half cycle would have
been rejected by the XTB-II bandpass filter.  I'll try to take a look at it
with just a high-pass filter to knock out the 60Hz.

Thanks for the pointer to your info on the CM15A AGC.

Jeff