Re: sync control system with time server

Greg,

I don't have Crestron so can't help with SIMPL+ syntax but I currently use a
simpler approach with my embedded devices. XP can automatically call a time
server to keep its clock accurate. On my W98SE machines I rum Dimension4.exe
with it set to sync with a time server a couple of times per day. Then any
embedded devices that are either connected to a serial port on one of the
machines or any embedded device that has an ethernet interface can sync its
RTC to a PC that, in turn, has synced with a time server recently.

For example, roZetta sends "?RTC" either over a serial connection or over
the LAN and gets back the current time, date and the DST start/stop
date/time. In my case there are always 3-4 PCs running but it could be
scheduled for a certain time each day to assure that a PC is running.

http://davehouston.net