Re: Sending commands between Linux and Windows

It's not, I run the original Smarthome USB interface.

HOWEVER I have found a supercool way to send commands back and forth between
a Linux server and a PC!

Web interfaces.  It's easy enough to code a shellscript with a web frontend
and run it in a secure directory.  Use .htaccess to make it accept
connections only from internal LAN addresses.  I suppose you could even run
a whole seperate web server process for that to make it even more secure,
and run it on a random high port.  If you wanted even more, you could run a
whole seperate NIC interface dedicated to stuff like this.

On the PC side, check out this:
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~den4b/Projects/Shutter/Shutter.exe

I just copied the syntax of the URL to run command lines, made a wget script
in Linux to authenticate against it, and boom.  Could use Microsoft's tool
from their developer's kit to run this as a system service easily enough.