Re: replace XTAL with Crystal?

Don Bowey wrote:
> On 5/4/06 5:51 PM, in article 445a9430$0$29303$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> "Daniel" <dxmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Geoff wrote:

>>> If you don't know that xtal is a common abbreviation for crytal, then by
>>> what basis have you decided that you want to change it, that the unit can
>>> 'handle it', and you have the technical skill to do it ?
>>>
>>> geoff
>>>

>> Good question, Geoff, but what's more worrying is that the places Tek is
>> looking for XTALs/Crystals don't seem to indicate that they are the same
>> thing!
>
> Your observation is pointless;  XTAL and crystal *are* the same.

My point is I would hope the places Tek is buying his gear from SHOULD
know Xtal and Crystal ARE the same thing, or is he just dealing with
Sales people that have no idea what they're selling?

> On the other hand, you can buy a xtal/crystal oscillator that is more than
> just the xtal/crystal.

Yes, a xtal/crystal oscillator is a circuit which, amongst other
components, contains a xtal/crystal. Your point being......?

Daniel