Installing video, phone & network cables

Hi,

I'm new to home wiring/networking.
I'm currently in an older home where I will be installing tv cable and phone
cable in some rooms.  It was recommended to me that while running these
cables I should run some Cat5 cable for networking.  I'm considering this,
to plan for the future, and run all the cables at once.

It was suggested that I use the CAT5 cable for the phone line as well
(better quality).  Is this over-kill for the phone line.  Currently it is
for a one-line phone, but I have no objections adding extra to plan for
future expansion.
I just haven't decided what kind of cable to run for the phone line.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David