Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

"Dennis" <djr-google.djrlar@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Robert,
>
> I'm not clear as to the differencebetween the Smart home booster and
> this XTB unit.  They both sound like they boost the signal, but as you
> pointed out the booster is not limited to only what is plugged into it.

They work in different ways.  The Booster Link can be plugged in anywhere,
and monitors the line for X10 traffic.  I understand it echoes any
recognized X10 command during the repeat time slot.

The XTB amplifies a signal from a X10 transmitter on a cycle by cycle basis.
So the output is just a high energy version of the input.

There is a report from a beta tester who compared the XTB with a Booster
Link installation:

http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10xmtbuf/xtb_test-keithwhite.htm

Best results with the XTB are obtained by locating it near the electrical
distribution panel where the load is heaviest.  The heaver the load, the
harder it drives.  But, it should help wherever it is plugged in.

As can be seen in his results, just moving the TW523 near the breaker panel
worked almost as well as adding 2 Booster Links to a non-optimal TW523
installation.

Jeff