Re: Hardwired shower XM radio

> One suggestion would be to set up an isolated
> power supply (easy) that is running an automotive
> radio.  Automotive equipment is tested for more
> severe environments than normal equipment.

Automotive radios are not intended for use in condensing humidity.  They
wouldn't be well suited for use in a shower.  A marine radio would be a
better fit.  However, in my earlier post I suggested using a remotely
located radio and just running speakers in the shower.  I've done this for a
number of clients with excellent results.

> A number of years ago, This Old House was going
> to put speakers in a sauna. Dr. Bose was their
> guest expert and suggested automotive speakers
> for it based on the similar temperatures that occur
> in a closed car...

With all of the respect that Dr Bose (whose PhD has nothing to do with
audio, by the way) is due, I would not allow that man to design anything for
a client of mine.  Bose speakers are mostly over-priced, over-hyped crap.
As one sage poster likes to paraphrase the Bose slogan, "Better profits
through marketing".

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass