Re: Powering an In-wall Amp

> So, realistically, could I run 12V DC (or so) through my 2500 sq ft house
> to get rid of some wall warts? (Possibly driving it off a solar panel/battery,
> for that matter).

Absolutely.  I did the same thing in my CT home many years ago.
Run the wire to mud rings (look like junction boxes only there's
no back) in each location.  Over the mud rings place single-gang
plates with appropriate jacks mounted.  Home run 16/2 from each
location and you'll be fine as long as the power supply is of
adequate size.  If the DC current requirements are small, run
18/2.

Altronix and ELK Products both make reliable DC power supplies in
various capacities.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.