Re: Would This Work?

Whether intentional or not, once the transceiver receives/decodes the RF, it
sends it to the powerline (after waiting for a positive ZC if unit 1 or 9).

If on opposite phases, for units 1 & 9, one will lag the other by 1/2 cycle
(1/120s or 8-1/3ms) which guarantees a powerline collision.

I doubt you are able to discern an 8ms difference in the relays activations.
If you can detect a time gap, there are two possibilities. Either there is a
space/time loop (unidirectional, of course) between the transmitter and one
transceiver or one of them is receiving a weaker RF signal (or has a weaker
receiver) and cannot decode the first copy. The first copy (or copies) will
still affect the gain and threshold so that it might be able to decode a
subsequent copy. Copies are sent at ~108ms intervals. As much as I like the
first scenario, I suspect the second scenario is more likely in that the
second scenario doesn't require opposite phases.