Re: Insteon -- Any New Experiences?

It will be interesting to see their prices and what kind of RF range the
units have. I've used Hawking networking gear and found it reliable and low
cost. If their Zigbee gear is equally reliable and priced agressively, it
will be a nail in the coffin for Z-Wave. Eaton had also proposed a similar
but more limited Zigbee line but they later delayed its introduction and I
haven't seen anything about it lately.

http://www.homeheartbeat.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=HomeHeartBeat/Pages/BuyIt

You obviously are biased against PLC but I and others have few problems with
X-10 and I doubt that there will be major problems with Insteon. You're
likely to find real deadspots with RF and they will be much harder to
troubleshoot and cure.

There are no "sweetspots" in household wiring. There are signal sinks which
are caused by other electronic gear that has a capacitor across the mains.
They are easy to find and easy to cure.