Re: Oh, grow up. [was Re: biometric locksets -- experience?]

"Byron Hynes" <bph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> You know, I've never met Robert Bass; never bought anything from him. My
> only opinion of him is formed from reading here for the last few months.

get ready to be educated

> I've seen him post what seem to be informed, reasonable posts, and share
> his knowledge. I have not seen him spit venom at people he doesn't like
> (not to say he has never, but not that I've been online to see). Yes, he
> has a business and he mentions it or gives links to it.

In opposition to the group faq, how special.  Birds of a feather flock
together.

>In my opinion, he is upfront about that and does so in a profressional
>manner. This is not a new idea. Why do you think Microsoft sponsors free
>Technet events or Proctor and Gamble has sponsored soap operas for 50 years
>or more.
>
> On the other hand, Mr "chub", you are just rude.

bingo

> You have a problem with him -- Fine. Guess what: I DON'T CARE. I don't
> like reading your vitrol in the morning. What do you think you are
> accomplishing? Stopping people from buying from him? Hurting him? (Sounds
> like revenge and a weak attempt at vindication.) Educating people? Well,
> you're not.

no just disrupting this newsgroup like he does in others and then saying
tuff sh_t if you don't like it because you can't stop me, exactly like he
does in other groups I frequent.  As long as he is a bAss in ASA others will
follow him and disrupt wherever he goes.  That is the kind of impression he
has made.  He stops and we will stop. Deal?

> If he had something small I needed, I'd probably buy from him in a minute;
> given logistics of delivery and pricing. Were it to be a major purchase,
> I'd do my own due diligence and research and make my own decision, because
> I am a grown-up who is responsible for my own decisions. To be frank about
> it, if you and he were both selling something, I'd be much more likely to
> by from him just because of the way he posts and the way you post.

You can't buy from me because I have nothing to sell.  I suppose you didn't
check out the BBB report.  Have fun buying from bAss

> Lastly, Mr. Robert L Bass, like me, posts with a full name (that I assume
> is his own), and with a real way to contact him. I doubt you'll understand
> this concept, but this means that he is standing behind what he says. I've
> posted some things in the last 20 years that I really wish weren't still
> in Google. But, I haven't changed my name or started hiding behind fake
> names. It's part of being part of a community, my flaws are out there
> along with my successes (and I hope there is more of the latter than the
> former). There's accountability in that, that someone with a one-word
> psuednym and fake email address will never have.

I assume that is your name, I don't care, if so you get a star.

> I suspect I am wasting my keystrokes, but it was either that or do work.

I suspect you're correct on this idea.