Re: Insteon -- Any New Experiences?

Oops.  I erred in the orignal posting.  When I said "boosterlinc" I
should have said "powerlinc", of which I was using the USB flavor as my
PC's interface to the network.  Regarding my reading of the white
paper, while I admit that I didn't take the time to read it as closely
as I should have, you're not entirely accurate in saying they use RF
only to couple the two phases.  The figure on page 8 indicates that
Insteon RF devices are also members of the RF network.  But the bottom
line is that they do indeed advertise this as a wireless system, which
is not entirely true...quoting their literature ...... "INSTEON=99 is a
powerful, wireless home-control networking technology that simply,
affordably and reliably integrates....."   But it ain't entirely
wireless.  I was looking forward to getting away from the
inconsistencies of my x10 coverage by foresaking powerline signaling.
Their mention of the fact that I may need filters in order to make
Insteon work properly should have been a hint to me that it isn't
really as wireless as they say it is.  But to be fair, their refund was
full and prompt.