Re: Wiring panel for living area

> Do you know of any A-BUS zone controls that have more
> then the 6 watts/channel that I am finding?

Russound gives 7.5 Watts / channel.  You'll be surprised though.  That's really
plenty for ancillary listening areas like the bedrooms, kitchen, etc.

In how many rooms do you plan to install audio?  There are more powerful systems
available (at somewhat greater cost) but they don't all cost a fortune.  I
handle Russound, Xantech, Channel Vision, ChannelPlus and several others.

> It's also not clear from what I have read if I could find an
> AV receiver with the A-BUS interface built in, including the
> IR control of the source switching without the need to use
> the stick on IR emitters.

I'm not aware of an A-Bus enabled receiver.  Major A/V builders try to target
the largest possible audience.  If they add A-Bus to a receiver the end user
cost increases (engineering, hardware and licensing) and the target audience
diminishes.  If a significant portion of the population becomes interested in
A-Bus we'll see Sony, Yamaha and the rest jumping on the bandwagon.

> It seems like a natural configuration, but so far I haven't seen one.

It's natural to guys like you and me because we're interested in installing
whole-house audio.  Most people are not.  Unfortunately, HA and multi-room audio
are still a niche market and likely will remain so for the foreseeable future.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.