Jack PC "will change everything...COMPUTER ...FITS IN .. WALL PORT"

Jack PC is touted to "change everything. The world's first computer so small
that it fits in a network wall port."

http://www.jadeintegration.com/jackpc.php

There are three versions of Jack PC including one using an AMD RISC (claimed
1.2ghz x86 equivalent).

1600 x 1200 video (DVI + analog), 16-bit audio in-out, 4 USB, 100BT ethernet

5 watts. Easily runs off Power Over Internet (POE).

This version runs Windows CE, Citrix, IExplore, Windows RDP etc and is
intended as thin client.

Jack PC is part of a family of devices that fit into a wall socket that
provide plug-in functionality for switches, WIFI hot spots, thin clients etc
all using the same wall socket connected with a single CAT5 with POE.

++++++++++++++++

The plaster is not yet dry on the reworking of two computer installations in
my house to allow me to put their hard drives and CPU in the basement next
to the furnace and boiler (where size and noise do not matter but security
and easy of access is high) leaving only the monitors and Bluetooth mice and
keyboards in the living space.

 I'm using video and USB splitters and extenders. Our new Samsung 214T
monitors have three inputs (UXVGA, DVI, composite video)and Picture
-in-Picture (PiP)  so they can do triple, independent duty for computer,
McNeil-Lehrer, and video security. The last TV in the house was set out on
the curb (with a sign that said "FREE Works fine No sales tax No return" ).

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org