Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

"AZ Nomad" <aznomad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 03:40:05 GMT, BruceR >

>> While higher bandwidth is always welcome for broadband
>> connections, the X10 technology's problem has never really
>> been one of speed but of reliability and resistance to
>> interference from other PLC signal
>
> OH pulleze.  If you 60 baud is nowhere enough bandwidth.

If me, 60 BPS plenty good bandwidth!  (-:  (Baud ain't the right term, BTW,
it's bits per second)

> How's your 110 baud modem, teletype, and PDP-8?
> What was good enough then is good enough now.

Here's an idea if you *really* want huge bandwith check this article out:

*PENISES HAVE HIGHER BANDWIDTH THAN CABLE MODEMS*

"The human genome is about 3,120,000,000 base pairs long, so half of that is
in each spermatozoa -- 1,560,000,000 base pairs.
Each side of these base pairs can either be an adenine-thymine or a
guanine-cytosine bond, and they can be aligned either direction, so there
are four choices. Four possibilities for a value means it can be fully
represented with two bits; 00 = guanine, 01 = cytosine, and so forth. . . .
the number of sperm in a human ejaculation to be anywhere from 50 to 500
million. Putting these together, the average amount of information per
ejaculation is 1.560*109 * 2 bits * 2.00*108, which comes out to be
6.24*1017 bits. That's about 78,000 terabytes of data!"

www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=973934

So obviously you need to look into getting a penis-based home automation
system.  Nothing comes close in terms of bandwidth!

--
Bobby G.