Re: non x10 systems

Would this be pretty enough?
http://www.myhometheaterpc.com/screenshots/vladstudio/VladStudio_Floorplanview.jpg

I use the CQC HA software engine [charmedquark.com]. It can directly do a
variety of lighting protocols, and all of them via an Elk M1. I haven't
personally moved to lighting yet, but that's coming soon. Plenty other are
though.

I do:
HA Control
.....Security & Motion
.....Weather (4 day and 7 day)
.....Irrigation
.....Doorbell Detector popup
.....Traffic
.....Denon Control

HT Control:
- Main Menu w/Mzone wrapper (with sliders)
- Zone Control
- Source Control
.....CD Stream 1 via art
.....CD Stream 1 via text
.....CD Stream 2 via art
.....CD Stream 2 via text
.....XM Overview
.....XM Channel lineup (coming soon)
.....TV Guide (via SageTV web browser)

For my full pretty GUI, check out:
http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=17
Also check out some of the other gallery pics there, you'll see a variety of
options.

Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I
may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:
http://www.myhomeautomationpc.com, last updated 4/11

My Home Automation Blog: http://homeautomation.wordpress.com/