Re: Rozetta... just a flash in the pan?

"ken" <omd-nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> >>Beethoven produced his masterwork, the Ninth Symphony while nearly
totally
> >>deaf.  I've got my fingers crossed for you . . .
> >
> > I've always preferred the Fifth (or quart if it's single malt).
>
> and full circle to an old joke punch line about being
>   Bottom of the Ninth and the basses were loaded.

A tourist in Vienna goes through a graveyard and all of a sudden he hears
some music. No one is around, so he starts searching for the source. He
finally locates the origin and finds it is coming from a grave with a
headstone that reads: 'Ludwig van Beethoven 1770-1827.'  Then he realizes
that the music is the Ninth Symphony and it is being played backward!
Puzzled, he leaves the graveyard and persuades a friend to return with him.
By the time they arrive back at the grave, the music has changed. This time
it is the Seventh Symphony but like the previous piece, it is being played
backward. Curious, the men agree to consult a music scholar. When they
return with the expert the Fifth Symphony is playing, again backward. The
expert notices that the symphonies are being played in the reverse order in
which they were composed, the 9th, then the 7th, then the 5th. By the next
day the word has spread and a throng has gathered around the grave.  They
are all listening to the Second Symphony being played backward.  Just then
the graveyard's caretaker ambles up to the group. Someone in the group asks
him if he has an explanation for the music. 'Don't you get it?'  the
caretaker says incredulously...He's decomposing.

--
Bobby G.