Help out a Crestron newbie please!

Hi, all!  Okay, here's my situation ...
We have a Crestron programmer who has decided to leave the country and
now we're stuck.  I've got all this Crestron equipment --
touch-screens, wired, wireless, etc., and a lot of programming that's
already been done... but it's not finished.  Some buttons turn on/off
some TVs, change the channels, blah blah etc etc... typical stuff.
Now, here's the kicker -- I need to learn this stuff and take over the
project.
My background is in serious programming.  I have a formal CS degree and
worked with every language from Assembly to .NET.  I'm a very good
programmer and engineer, but what I don't know is anything about
Crestron programming, and I find very little resources out there.  I
need to learn this, and learn it quick.  I've done lots of automation
with digital I/O units and various other serial I/O and what-not, and
from the crappy stuff that I see this person created, I can't imagine
this is too difficult.
My question is -- how to begin?  What's the language?  Where are the
resources?  Compilers?  A book or two would be nice?  Can someone
recommend where to begin?  He left me with all the "password codes" to
the units themselves, which I presume are used to load the software,
but what do I use to edit it and define the I/O points, etc?  If
someone could steer me in the right direction, I would be greatly
appreciated!
Thanks, guys.