Re: Does a cell phone forwarding to a land line product exist?

I think he wants to get an extra "walkie talkie" cell phone - usually calls
between these two are unlimited - and have one of those cellphones able to
connect to the home landline and have it dial long distance and local calls
which are expensive to place from the cell directly but apparently nearly
free from the landline.

Cell ---> free call ONLY to other cell --> landline --> free local & LD to
anyone

Phone companies call such practices "tariff evasion" and will probably
terminate people if they catch them.

Not sure any of us have gotten the right answer yet as to what would allow
the poster to do the above.  The Uniden device I cited comes close, but it's
in the wrong direction, from landline to cell.  It may be capable of the
reverse but my brief read of the blurb didn't reveal it.  It's most
certainly going to involve a Bluetooth enabled phone, though.

Rube Goldberg might rig something through the headphone jack and some car
door solenoids to press the cellphone buttons.  You'd really only need to go
on hook and off.  With enough amplification the cell's tone could "dial" the
landline phone directly once it was taken off hook and coupled to the cell.

--
Bobby G.