Re: Insteon now or wait?

If that's accurate it means they finally woke up, realized they had a
potential product killer of a flaw and have taken the proper steps to deal
with it. I commend them. Given the costs, they're placing a pretty big bet
on the future of Insteon. They'll have to sell a lot of $30 switches to
recover these added costs.

Hopefully buyers will be able to easily identify fixed vs. non-fixed
switches (aside from waiting for them to flicker). I was "fixed" about 40
years ago but didn't get any kind of sticker or certificate to indicate the
fact.

I'd still be concerned about the X-10 address issue and the noise
sensitivity but those are much lesser PITA type problems rather than being
deal-breakers like the flickering.