Re: I think they've done it again.

Yes, I think Dan Lanciani and I are saying something similar but I'm
suggesting that the triac noise at mid-cycle is triggering a false reaction
by the PIC (assuming it's a PIC) that then prevents it from turning on the
PIC during the following half-cycle(s).

I have a NEC Multisync XV15 monitor which outputs noise of an unknown (to
me) spectra. When connected to the same power circuit as the NEC monitor,
the initial Powerlinc 1132B goes deaf to the powerline. With the 1132B