Audio streaming of remote PC (not just MP3s)

I asked this question (sort of) a few days ago, but did not get any
from one PC to all the other PCs (or Music Bridge) on the Network. I know
about Airport Express and the Linksys equivalent, but as I understand it
they only stream music. I understand that the hardware is the same, but does
a "virtual soundcard" driver exist?