X10 Wall Switches Stops Responding Remotely

Hi,

I replace two X10 wall switches today (only 1 was bad - I
misdiagnosed the other case).  Now none of the wall switches
respond remotely.  Before I reverse my effort to track down
the culprit (electricity is not my favorite thing to mess with)
does anyone have a theory of what might have happened.

One of the two wall switches was new, the other used.

Thanks,
Gary