Re: Insteon now or wait?

"Jack Edin" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:rd-dnU5aOuqAWFvZnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hey Jimbo,
>
> It happens in Hollywood every single day!

Yes, it does.

> Special effects!!

No, 'fraid not, Jack:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-terihatchereyeinjury,0,1351325.story

LOS ANGELES -- Argh! Teri Hatcher be wearin' an eye patch, me hearties.

No, the "Desperate Housewives" star isn't giving a preview of the spring's
new pirate-chic look, but is recovering from an eye injury sustained Tuesday
(April 25) on the set of her hit ABC show, reports People.

The actress was present when a light bulb exploded unexpectedly on set.

"Glass lodged in my right eye and proceeded to scratch my cornea," Hatcher
describes in gruesome detail. "I was taken to a wonderful eye doctor, and am
now wearing a most glamorous eye patch over the right half of my face."

Jack, light bulbs explode all the time.  Just because you haven't seen it
happen personally (which I find hard to believe, actually) is no proof that
it doesn't happen.  But just in case you think Hatcher's case was just a
freak accident:

http://www.cpsc.gov/businfo/frnotices/fr01/tensor.html

"Between late 1993 and December 1996, Tensor received
approximately 330 incidents of exploding halogen bulbs, some causing
extensive property damage and personal injuries."

Unless they've had personal experience like Bob Bass and I have, people
don't realize how light bulbs can be a continuous source of personal injury
claims.  During my years in litigation support, I've seen more than a dozen
personal injury cases involving light bulbs.  It's just that common a cause
of injury.

It happens *all the time* for a variety of reasons, I'm afraid.  If you or a
loved one got an eyeful of flying glass from an exploding bulb like Teri
Hatcher you might hold a more serious opinion of the problem of exploding
light bulbs than believing it "only happens in the movies."  <sigh>

--
Bobby G.