[no subject]

 1. There is an occassional flicker problem on dimmed loads of greater
than 200 watts when Insteon signals are received. The flicker will
present itself about 70% of the time.

 2. The flickering can be an annoyance in a busy system or completely
unobtrusive in less active systems or those without larger dimmed loads.

 3. The flickering results in a bulb briefly being brought to 100%
intensity. There is and can be no "overvoltage" issue unless there is
already an electrical problem in the home where more than 120vac is
presented to the switch.

 4. Nothwithstanding the imagined skills of an attorney to make a group
of people too dumb to get out of jury duty believe otherwise, the
flickering is not a dangerous condition and does not cause bulbs to
explode.

 5. Smarthome claims to have found a solution, is willing to honor all
requests for replacements and is only shipping corrected units albeit
some are modified post manufacture.

If you're not in a hurry, wait a month or two if you're concerned about
the field corrected stock. Otherwise, if choosing between X10, UPB or
Insteon, I can state from personal experience that Insteon has the most
robust signaling.