Re: Looking for Temp and humidity sensors

Sure. One could design a more functional Bobcat (e.g. SECU16i + temperature
sensors).

ADI's primary business is contract manufacturing of SMT boards for others.
If anyone is likely to be efficient, they are. However, Chinese factories
can do the same work in small quantities for much less. So, design what you
want and send it off to one of them to fabricate.

I designed a small battery powered generic wireless ADC module using a
protocol that is understood by the BX24-AHT. It costs less than $10 to make
and could retail for about $20 but will cost about $6K for the required FCC
ID tests.

The real problem is that *none* of the HA related companies have found much
of a market. I recall seeing something from Dan Boone about a year ago
before he left ADI that they had shipped 5000 Ocelots.

Anyone with the skills to roll their own can find inexpensive hardware. The
JK Microsystems PicoFlash & Pico-I/O can do a lot for about $175.

     http://www.jkmicro.com/products/picoflash.html
     http://www.jkmicro.com/products/expansionboards/pico-io.html

The $1.60 Insteon PLC chip *might* lead to plug-in sensors of the type you
want.

Of course, nobody will be able to walk about without causing disputions to
your readings. ;)