Re: Finishing basement, suggestion on RG6 cable needed

"Blue Cat" <bluecat22@xxxxxx> wrote in message

> "BIOSMonkey" <none@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> So I'm finishing my basement, and am running all the data/com lines.
> Obviously
>> I want the best cable I can afford for future-proofing (if there is such
>> thing).
>>
>> I can't decide between a single RG6 for everything (satellite and cable
> TV), or
>> one high-end for satellite and a cheaper one for cable.  I thought it
> would be
>> best to use one for everything, but due to cost I am not sure if high-end
> low
>> loss digital cable would be overkill for CATV (I should note though that
> do
>> have broadband cable modem).
>>
>> For the all-in-one cable, I am looking at Belden 7916A, which is quad
> shield RG6
>> sweep tested to 3Ghz.  I am not sure if I really need quad, but thought
>> it
> might
>> be best for the CATV runs.
>>
>> Or, I could get Belden 1694A (low loss RG6 swept to 3Gz, non-quad) for
> satellite
>> and a cheaper RG6 for cable.
>>
>> Or, just get the 1694A for everything.
>>
>> Recommendations?

Quad shielded RG-6 or RG-11 is required if you intend to hookup to a cable
provider. It keeps junk (impulse noise, etc.), from being injected back into
the system. If you are just running between components then quad shielding
is not mandatory. For satellite, if you have a very long run, than non-quad
shielded RG-11 might be a good choice, for a typical run, 1694A would be
just fine.

Richard.