Re: roZetta progress report

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[heavily redacted]

>Since it's USB, is that going to help me or will I need a USB-serial
>converter, too?  Anyway, it's moot, since I just bought and MS26A via Ebay
>for $10.  I figure it's just part of the course materials for Professor
>Dave's home automation design course and it would be cheap at three times
>the price.

It doesn't handle X-10 type codes, uses a different RF frequency and would
require custom software on the PC to use it for anything other than what the
ATI software does. I was merely pointing out that it is made by X-10.

>[Late breaking news: Someone contacted me off-line to offer me their used
>BX24-AHT for sale at a price I can afford but they swore me to secrecy lest
>you set their hair on fire for parting with it too cheaply, you old
>curmudgeon, you.]

I don't care whether they resell them or not. In the case of the one
recently offered for sale I merely noted that the seller got it for free and
complained incessantly that he couldn't make it work. In other words, caveat
emptor. Jeff tells me the surplus bare boards are going fast.

>Can they be put on opposite phases and not collide like the TM-751's sort of
>do?

If you use them with CM11As they won't collide. If you use them with
Ocelot/TW523, they will. The simplest arrangement is BX24-AHT+CM11A on one
phase and any standard transceiver on the other. The CM11A will back off
when it senses a collision and let the other transceiver send its PLC code.