Re: Trouble setting CM11 clock

The CM11A will send a checksum if you send the entire seven bytes described
in the protocol documentation but it will stop sending 0xA5 and be ready to
accept other commands if you send just 0x9b or 0x9b plus five or fewer
bytes. There's no response from the CM11A unless it receives the full seven
bytes.

I referred you to the thread because it sounds like you might be
experiencing a noise problem like the poster in that thread.