Re: Leviton Intellisense Vs Others

The antenna is only on the Insteon RF links which are used to bridge the two
phases. These are best located near the entrance panel so are likely to be
out of sight. Switches and lamp/appliance modules have no antenna. Worst
case is that you might need a couple extra RF modules to fill in areas but I
suspect that will not often be required. That might change once handheld
Insteon remotes appear but, even then, the few RF units can be hidden.

If I were building a higher end home I would first investigate hard wired
(e.g. Centralite) and then Insteon. I would no longer consider X-10.